This position involves extensive member interaction requiring excellent verbal and written communication skills. Prospective candidate must be detail orientated, possess the ability to multi-task, be able to work independently, and be able to keep current with mortgage industry changes. Qualified candidate must be able to answer questions for members on real estate loans and rates. Provide members with application and set up appointments. Gather, review, and verify loan documents for accuracy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES –
- Process applications and verify accuracy for first mortgage, second mortgage open-end (HELOC), and closed-end loans; conduct loan interviews with members to obtain any required documentation.
- Review all applicable disclosures for both fixed and variable rate loans for accuracy and completion.
- Process loans to include obtaining verification of employment, deposit accounts, and all liabilities in order to prepare application of verified information.
- Request and evaluate real-estate appraisal to ensure proper guidelines are followed and final value is properly determined.
- Request Flood certification to determine if property is or is not in a flood zone.
- Order title work from attorney and review any applicable title issues with Mortgage Loan Officer.
- Obtain copy of current homeowner’s insurance and flood insurance (if applicable) and verify mortgage clause is in credit union’s name.
- Work with Loan Officers to accurately prepare closing documents in a timely fashion. Obtain Verbal VOEs and payoffs. Verify taxes, insurance, water & sewer information.
- Review closed loans for quality and compliance. Disburse loans and ensure all recordings and payoffs are done on the required date. Put file in appropriate order for filing.
- Complete all HMDA information on closed, denied, and withdrawn loans.
Qualified applicants can apply below: